Friday, September 12, 2014

In the mood to have a drank

Well, I'm not technically in the mood for a drink, since it's not even 10:00 a.m., BUT I am in the mood to have a drink this evening, since it's Friday and all.  I just bought some rosewater at a Turkish market that I just discovered near my house, and even though it's September, it's still hot, yo.  Rosewater sounds like the perfect way to cool down.

I saw this little lovely on Pinterest: Cardamom Rose Cocktail.  Isn't she pretty?

Source: Design*Sponge

Or this: Cucumber & Rose Gin Cocktail.  It has St. Germain in it, which I have a bottle of at home that I'd love to use.

I'm slowly (very slowly) getting our back patio in fall-ready shape.  See, in central Florida, we don't spend the summer outdoors (unless it's at the beach or whatever).  No, it's too humid, there are too many mosquitoes, too much rain, and it's just too hot.  But fall and winter, that's when the air starts to dry out, and the mosquitoes die off.  That's living.

But, despite the fact that it will likely rain all day today, I'd like to sit on my patio after work, with my husband, drink in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment