Sunday, September 14, 2014

In the mood to: make a music room

So, we have a three bedroom house, and no kids (yet).  That means we have a guest room and an office, which is super luxurious.  My husband is in law school, and needs to be able to shut out the cacophony of daily life (more like cat-cophony), but he'll be done with law school soon (YAY) and so I'm planning to turn the office into his music room.  Huzzah!

I don't have a picture of it currently, because it's seriously ugly.  But here's what I'm planning for the not-too-distant future:

It's kinda blurry,  I should fix that.

Anyway!  Mood board: dark walls (charcoal?  BLACK?!  Dare I? Are black walls over??), a small leather sofa, white Ikea Merete curtains, a vintage rug, some tree stump end tables, colorful art, a fun light, and maybe we'll hang the guitars on the walls, because WHY NOT.

I'm liking this lil' leather settee from overstock:

And by "leather" I obviously mean "not leather but some sort of plastic."  Whatever, I can't pay leather prices anyway.

In terms of the rug, I want to do either a vintage Persian, as shown above, or a vintage kilim, like so:


Found here.  To get a rug like that, well either rug, really, I'm going to have to stalk eBay like it's my job.  I'm also going to have to get over the fear of buying an antique rug online, sight unseen.  I'm not going to lie, that's a big part of it.

But the real question is this: are black walls over?  Did I miss the trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment